Friday, March 4, 2011

Creative Women

Every week I am surrounded by vibrant, creative women. My Studio is just four walls and yet the magic that happens here and the energy that fills this space is nothing short of incredible. This week, we worked in the style of Sarah Lugg, filling grids with tiny details. While all the works below are in progress, it is easy to see the talent that each of these unique artists bring to Open Studio - how blessed am I to be a small part of this!


The colours are wonderful on this piece by Anne S.

I love the combination of yellow, pink and red in this piece by Anne M.
I can't wait to see it after she adds stitch!


Dianne's piece has great details and I like
that she's moved outside of the boxes with her bird's legs.


Marg extended her piece beyond the grid and it looks great.
The colours remind me of days at the beach.


Beautiful! Soula's piece waiting for details.
I love the soft colours behind each composition.


This delicate piece by Patricia is well on it's way
to true Sarah Lugg style. Well done!

Marda's piece is lovely and the details,
especially that tiny hand stitched nest, are "wow"!


How creative and delicate - a few fibres, some stitches
and tiny buttons and a big dose of Marda's creativity.
All done in the blink of an eye!

It always pleases me to see that each artist can start with the same tools and information and yet they all create such unique expressions of themselves. I know I say it often but I believe it to be true...our most natural state as artists is the creative state. We are CREATORS and I think most artists would say the same thing - the need to create is very real and the process (for me) is often more important than the product itself. So, until next time, happy creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment